Monday 4 April 2011

Last years Sweet Pea tunnel
Phew, Mothers Day preparations were manic. We nearly ran out of flowers. I have been vintage shopping today, this week I shall show you my finds. Seed sowing is top on the list now. I have Sweet peas growing away in the poly tunnel. The Autumn sown ones damped off , but these sown in the Spring seem very happy chaps indeed,lots of strong growth. I shall start to harden them off this week. Sow some now-go on you wont regret it,they smell so divine. Seeds and plants from simplyseedsandplants.co.uk

6 comments:

Poppy said...

I love sweet peas! Mine are doing well, I might plant some at the allotment, just so I can smell them all the way home on my bike. It might help me get up the BIG hill! ;)

Lou xxx

Unknown said...

OooOo thanks for the tip twinks. I've no idea when it come's to plants. I shall have to give it a whirl! Wooooooow you were busy!!! Hope you have a some chilling time on Mothers Day in the end?!?! XXX

salty pebble said...

i really love the beauty and detail you put into the flower arranging...truly special gifts ;0)
im growing sweet pea in ceramic large pots as i only have a court yard- do they need more ground than that as i know they get very tall?...ive bought canes for them to grow up ;0)x

Foxtail Lilly said...

They will work ok but need lots of water and feed. Good luck.xx

Foxtail Lilly said...

Thank you all for your kind words.xx

salty pebble said...

thank you very much, only just saw the messages ;0)x