Friday 10 January 2014

Spring colours…and a rant!

 Lovely to see some colour. I love change in the shop from one season to another.
 I've been working with a friend of mine who makes the most divine, bespoke wedding cakes. Her business is called Emily Harmston cakes - do look her up. We have been dressing the window of a local bakery that has opened in Oundle called The Small Bread Company. Lovely artisan breads and cakes, I do hope it does well.
Oundle Town shops are finding it tough at the moment as we recently have had a Waitrose open on the outskirts of the town. Such a shame , how can small coffee shops compete with a supermarket giving away free coffee and newspapers??A Worry for small business including mine. I hate the fact all these Big supermarkets are taking over. Will we end up with just big chains and Internet sites?? Where is the customer friendly service ?? We are creatures that need to interact and be social are we not?
I love small shops that are unique and quirky. We don't want everything all the same now do we??
Rant over!
emilyharmstoncakes.co.uk

2 comments:

Jacqui Wise said...

The window display looks so pretty and yes I agree with you regarding small, unique shops - they are my favorite too. It's so much nicer to be served by someone who is friendly, helpful and informative and more importantly stocks items that you don't see in every other shop. Good customer service is so important but internet shopping is only going to increase so unfortunately businesses need to adapt or offer something special to survive.

Helen said...

Ooooooooh I love a good rant.....It always makes you feel better doesn't it? Hee hee!! I agree with you small and special....it's the future
xx